One of the biggest (and most pleasant) surprises we've encountered since we started White Leaf Provisions is the strength of the biodynamic food community here in the U.S. We've met so many people, companies, and brands who are passionate about pure food, regenerative farming, and sustainability, and are committed to lifting the entire community up and promoting the work of the biodynamic movement as a whole.
One such company we've come across is Sanandi. The company was started by two brothers in Mexico City in the early 2000s, and has grown to offer a range of biodynamic wellness products. We love them all, but Sanadi's original product, their herb-infused honey, is divine.
So, our co-founder and pro-chef Keith teamed up with the folks at Sanandi to create a recipe using both our biodynamic apple sauce and their biodynamic honey. His creation? Biodynamic Carrot Muffins with Yogurt Frosting and Honey. Give it a try, we think you'll love it!
5 1/2 c. Organic All Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Fresh Ground Nutmeg
1/4 tsp. Ground Ginger
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 tbsp. Organic Grass fed Butter (melted)
1/2 c. Sanandi Biodynamic Revitalizing Honey
1 Pasture raised Organic Egg (beaten)
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 c. White Leaf Provisions Applesauce with Ceylon Cinnamon
3/4 c. Shredded Organic Carrot
1/4 c. Seven Stars Farm Organic Yogurt
3/4 c. Organic Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 12 count muffin tin with paper liners
- In a large bowl sieve all dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl whisk all wet ingredients together.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and slowly stir in wet mix. Do not over mix the batter as it will be dense.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tin, and bake for 12 mins. Check to see if the muffins are done by pushing a clean knife into the center. If the knife comes out clean they are ready. (It's best to take them out just before this stage as they will continue to bake for a little longer as they are resting).
- While muffins cool on a wire rack, make frosting by mixing yogurt with powdered sugar and add a food coloring of your choice. Drizzle glazed over the top of your muffins and enjoy.