Dutch Baby Recipe with Biodynamic Blueberry Jelly
This is a really kid-friendly, easy breakfast recipe that makes an appearance on our table pretty often! Our four-year-old loves it and asks for it regularly. There are many variations on the classic Dutch Baby recipe, but this is our family favorite. We use organic ingredients, and top it with Crofters Biodynamic® Blueberry spread.
Give it a try!
You can swap out the nutmeg for cinnamon or fresh lemon zest. This recipe serves 4.
- 3 large pasture raised organic eggs
- 1/2 cup organic pasture raised milk
- 1/2 cup organic all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. organic sugar
- 4 tbsp. organic Grass fed butter
- Pinch organic nutmeg (fresh grated)
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp. organic vanilla extract
- Confectioners sugar
- Biodyanmic Fruit Spread
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a blender, add eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and salt. Blend on low speed adding the flour 1 tablespoon at a time. Increase speed after all flour has been added and blend until smooth.
- Put butter in a 10 inch cast iron skillet and heat until the butter melts and begins to bubble.
- Remove the skillet, add batter and bake for 20 mins. Then reduce heat to 300 and bake for a further 5 mins
- Remove, serve at once with powdered sugar sieved over with blueberry jelly (we use Crofter's Biodynamic!). Enjoy!