Cacao Quick Oats With Walnuts and Coconut Milk
There are three things we require for a breakfast recipe to make it into our regular weekday rotation around here: First, it must be easy, because our mornings tend to be a little on the crazy side. Second, it has to be healthy, because when you're running a small business and chasing after a small human, you need energy that lasts. And third, if we're starting our day with it, it needs to be delicious.
The good news: This quick-cooking cacao oat recipe past all three tests with flying colors (especially that last one). Here's the super-simple way it's made.
Makes 1 serving.
- 1/2 cup organic quick oats
- 2 tbsp. organic cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of sugar
- Optional (and recommended!) toppings: Organic coconut milk and walnuts
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Then add 1/2 cup of Organic Quick Cooking Oats.
- Reduce heat to low and stir occasionally for 3 minutes.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of Organic Cacao and a touch of sugar for added sweetness.
- Top with organic coconut milk and or walnuts.
Good morning, indeed!