Biodynamic Apple & Buttermilk Pancakes
We love Buttermilk pancakes … but sometimes we simply want to change things up! We find that adding our Biodynamic Apple + Pear Sauce to a classic buttermilk pancake recipe brings an interesting twist on this traditional breakfast staple. Try it for yourself with our recipe below!
Biodynamic Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup Organic, unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Fine Salt
- 1 tbsp. Organic sugar
- 1 Large pasture raised organic egg
- 1 cup Organic Whole Buttermilk
- 1 tbsp. Organic Unsalted Pasture-Raised butter, melted
- 1 4 oz. cup White Leaf Provisions Biodynamic Apple + Pear Sauce
- Organic Toasted Sliced Almonds
- Organic Sliced Bananas
- Organic Maple Syrup
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder & salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients: buttermilk, egg, White Leaf Provisions’ Biodynamic Apple + Pear Sauce and melted butter.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredient bowl with a wooden spoon. Stir until all ingredients are incorporated (but it is fine if there are a few small lumps in the mix as you do not want to overwork the batter).
- Heat your skillet or heavy bottomed sauté pan on a low-medium heat.
- Melt a pad of butter into the skillet. When the butter begins to melt and bubble, spoon your mixture into the pan. (We suggest using a large kitchen spoon to drop two small gobs of pancake batter into the pan, as it's easier to work with smaller pancakes than large ones)
- Pancake is ready to flip when bubbles appear in the batter.
- Plate and serve with your topping of choice, we prefer sliced toasted almonds, bananas and syrup.